From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Suggestion: INVALID -> NOCHANGE in bugzilla
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 22:07:52
1 On Sunday 25 March 2007, »Q« wrote:
2 > "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Closing INVALID is like saying they never had an issue - when clearly
4 > > they did have an issue, even if it was just an issue of understanding.
5 >
6 > If bugs.gentoo.org users think that it's like saying there's no issue,
7 > ISTM the problem is with their understanding of bugzilla.
8
9 To me indeed closing a bug as INVALID sends the signal to the user that what
10 they filed as a bug was not a bug at all. Personally when I close a bug as
11 invalid I have normally actually helped the user with the problem. And then I
12 give a better explanation of the closure in the comment that goes along. So
13 yes, I do think that closing as INVALID can be received as "you actually
14 wasted our time" (and what that means to a user).
15
16 Paul
19 Paul de Vrieze
20 Gentoo Developer