From: dams@×××.fr
To: Peter Ruskin <aoyu93@×××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] desktop
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:40:45
1 Peter Ruskin <aoyu93@×××××××××.com> said:
2
3 > On Thursday 28 Aug 2003 18:44, Spider wrote:
4 >> 6) intra-DE modifications
5 >> I'm all for the various DE's implementing or removing features, as
6 >> long as its maintainable, and sane. Adding highstrung pipedreams
7 >> that can't be made to work properly is not our thing. Leave this to
8 >> Mandrake, SuSE and RedHat. They are good at it.
9 >
10 > I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said in this mail, Spider;
11 > especially point 6. BTW, dams used to work at Mandrake - it shows.
12
13 it shows... It shows that I applied some of my leader rule : come with a
14 already built idea, let people be desapointed, let them argue, fight, so that
15 they defend their point of views, and collect the conclusions.
16
17 The only conclusion for now is that we'll do a vanilla DE compliant with gentoo
18 core, with proper default stuff, working together if installed.
19
20 I'm happy with that. I just want to make sure that's what you want : we won't
21 have gentoo graphical touch, no default background, no gentoo menu by default,
22 and so on.
23
24 On the other hand, I feel like you want something else, but don't know exactly
25 what. We can continue discussing about that to find it out.
26
27 About the mdk and the personnal things : the best way to be better than your
28 enemy, is to stop hating him.
31 dams
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list