From: Jim Ramsay <lack@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Optional Package Dependencies for netscape-flash -> libflashsupport
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 17:03:20
1 I am about to add libflashsupport[1] to the tree, which optionally adds
2 pulseaudio, oss, esd, and ssl (via openssl or gnutls) support to
3 netscape-flash-9.0.31.0
4
5 This libflashsupport-1.2 will have the following use flags:
6
7 pulseaudio oss esd ssl gnutls
8
9 Now, I was thinking that it would be much easier for users if
10 the netscape-flash ebuild automatically pulled this in, and was
11 wondering the best way to do this. I have 2 ideas:
12
13 1) Create a single local USE flag (flashsupport or something) that will
14 just pull in this dependency.
15
16 2) Use the same set of USE flags as libflashsupport has, with any of
17 them adding libflashsupport to the dep list, since these are all global
18 flags and will most likely be enabled for both netscape-flash and
19 libflashsupport
20
21 I'm personally thinking (1) is the better of the 2 options, but I'd
22 like to know if anyone has any other wondrous solutions to this.
23
24 [1] http://pulseaudio.revolutionlinux.com/PulseAudio
27 Jim Ramsay
28 Gentoo/Linux Developer (rox,gkrellm)