From: Simen Brekken <mail@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Post-installation problems
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 17:41:46
1 Hey, the installation of gentoo was fairly easy, still I experienced some bugs:
2
3 1. /var/log/syslog.d and /var/log/klog.d were owned by user 'bin' not by 'daemon'
4 2. /etc/timezone missing (During bootup kernler keeps complaing about that)
5
6 I spent all yesterday trying to get the network up and running, but since I'm not very experienced with diagnosing networking problems I still haven't figured out whats wrong since every setting I look at in my old distro (debian, everything works there) is the exact same as in gentoo. If anyone has any bright ideas for diagnosing this further I would be very grateful.
7
8 - Simen Brekken