From: joe.derosa.b1@×××××.com
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Problems with Dell Server
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:48:19
1 I just tried to install RC5 on a poweredge 2450, which has some kind of adaptec
2 on board raid controller along with a 79xx. The raid controller doesn't appear
3 to be recognized by the boot kernel, in fact I could not find anything in the
4 kernel config that seemed to be the correct driver.
5
6 On Dell's site, they refer to a special version of RedHat that you need to use,
7 and they have rpm's and gz files that are supposed to get you rolling. I will be
8 trying to build a custom kernel and new CD to see if I can get this rolling.
11 Joe DeRosa