From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: Remove inherit eutils from font.eclass for EAPI=6
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 12:07:22
1 On Thu, 2018-02-15 at 08:46 +0100, Guilherme Amadio wrote:
2 > Most of the above only use usex, and terminus-font uses einstalldocs
3 > as well.
4 > I think these should be pretty easy to fix to not use eutils, or
5 > simply
6 > add 'inherit eutils' for these ebuilds, then remove from the eclass.
7 >
8 > I can help with testing by reading ebuilds more carefully and
9 > emerging
10 > them after the change in font.eclass.
11
12 einstalldocs is part of EAPI-6 and inherit eutils isn't needed for that
13 if it's EAPI-6. In fact, eutils doesn't define it for EAPI-6, only 0-5.
14
15 Same with usex, except that's builtin already in EAPI-5.
18 Mart