From: rindeal <dev.rindeal@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: overlays@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Repo mirror & CI project news: 'stable' gentoo branch, new repo stats, faster CI
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2016 16:32:12
1 On 5 June 2016 at 18:04, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hello, everyone.
3 >
4 > I have the pleasure to announce that a few improvements have been
5 > deployed by the Repository mirror & CI project today.
8 > 1. The mirror for 'gentoo' repository [1] now has a default 'stable'
9 > branch. It is updated automatically by the gentoo-ci checker,
10 > and therefore always contains the latest repository state that has been
11 > confirmed 'green' by CI. While this is far from perfect, it's the first
12 > step towards preventing major issues from being deployed on our users.
13 >
14 > If you are already using the mirror, you will need to either switch
15 > branch manually, or re-add it.
18 Isn't no commit approach better than having broken commit + revert
19 commit? I'm doing so in my overlay using "GitHub protected branches"
20 feature + repoman running on Travis CI.
23 > 4. Finally, the mirroring code has been updated to correctly handle git
24 > repositories for which 'master' is not the default branch.
25
26 How is it even possible to set up with repositories.xml?