From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] DSL problems resolved?
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 21:57:24
1 On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 11:48:30PM -0400, pbg1854@×××××××××××××××.edu wrote:
2
3 > > ssh pete@××××××××××.org
4 > pete@××××××××××.org's password:
5 > Received disconnect: 2: fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
6 >
7 > I've been getting this for a while now, but I figured it was just the
8 > DSL stuff. It doesnt occur when I do cvs stuff though, even though it
9 > also uses ssh.
10
11 Achim was having this problem, too. I'll bet you it's being caused by my
12 ulimits -- maybe the 2.4.2 kernel is somehow interpreting them differently?
13 AFAIK, this has just recently started happening and I haven't changed any
14 ulimit settings in months. I'll turn them off for now. Try logging in in five
15 minutes.
16
17 Thanks for the info,
20 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>