From: Eugene Wong <disposable_eugene@×××××××.com>
To: agriffis@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to upgrade to portage-2.0.46-r12?
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:49:18
1 >From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
2 >
3 >Eugene Wong wrote: [Mon Feb 10 2003, 05:07:21PM EST]
4 > > I'm using portage-2.0.46-r9 & would like to ugrade to
5 > > portage-2.0.46-r12. I've included a few lines from the beginning of
6 > > the output, then cut out the middle part, then included a few lines
7 > > from the end. Is this something to do with configurations in /etc? Is
8 > > there anything else that I need to tell you? I must confess that I
9 > > tried to edit make.globals, but I tried to put it back to the way that
10 > > it was, & it still didn't help.
11 >
12 >Looks like something's wrong with your gcc installation. stddef.h
13 >resides in /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.2/include/stddef.h and
14 >should be found by the compiler.
15 >
16 >You might try
17 >
18 > env-update
19 > . /etc/profile
20 >
21 >and then try "emerge portage" again to find out what happens.
22 <snip>
23
24 I tried the above steps that you recommended, but no luck.
25
26 However, I noticed that your compiler version is much newer than mine. I
27 thought that I had upgraded, but apparently not. So, I upgraded the compiler
28 & its dependencies, & after that, I was able to update portage. In fact, I
29 was finally able to compile skipstone, which I had been waiting for, for
30 quite a while.
31
32 Thank you, for all of your help.
33
35 MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*
36 http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus
37
38
39 --