From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Moving HOMEPAGE out of ebuilds for the future
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 01:12:02
1 On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 10:00:33 +0100
2 flameeyes@×××××.com (Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò) wrote:
3
4 > "Alec Warner" <antarus@g.o> writes:
5 >
6 > > That being said I still don't see the usefulness here.
7 > >
8 > > You seem to think that using the existing APIs for this data is
9 > > wrong, and I think the opposite, so I guess we will agree to
10 > > disagree on this matter.
11 >
12 > Yeah I still think that there is no point in requiring using of a
13 > specific API when the same data can easily be available in a format
14 > that is more or less parsable with ease in any modern (and non)
15 > programming language.
16 >
17 > Beside, I find expanding the HOMEPAGE syntax to allow more than one
18 > link a bit ... overkill, if the same thing can be achieved in
19 > metadata.xml...
20
21 I find moving HOMEPAGE out of ebuilds to be a bit overkill.
25 gcc-porting, by design, by neglect
26 treecleaner, for a fact or just for effect
27 wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662