From: Agostino Sarubbo <ago@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] taking a break from arches stabilization
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 17:22:31
1 Hi all.
2
3 every time that I attach my tmux session to see what happens on irc, I always
4 see the same discussion about the 'minor' arches status.
5 Since I joined gentoo(2011) I worked on all arches except hppa, I put more
6 effort in amd64 and less where I saw other people work on it (arm,alpha)
7 But every time the magic phrase is that those arches are unmaintained.
8
9 Now, since I work on these arches just to help, i.e. I don't have any business
10 and I do non have any installation of those arches and the work I'm doing is
11 not appreciated at all I decided to stop for now.
12 If your dream is to put sparc and ia64 to ~arch, go ahead, I have no
13 objections.
14 I will take a break also from amd64 and x86...let's see how things will
15 change.
18 Agostino Sarubbo
19 Gentoo Linux Developer