From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New USE_EXPAND flag for www-servers/monkeyd
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 18:57:04
1 On 05/28/2013 11:35 AM, Micha³ Górny wrote:
2 > On Mon, 27 May 2013 16:38:09 -0400
3 > "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I was about to add a use expand flag for monkeyd (a tiny web server) and
6 >> there is a notice in base/make.default to discuss use expand flags on
7 >> the list first. There are about 9 plugins for monkeyd similar to apache
8 >> which can be turned on/off by a configure switch. It makes sense to
9 >> follow the same logic as apache here. There are no dependencies on
10 >> monkeyd and so no use-deps. Seems very safe. Any objections?
11 > Could you elaborate a bit more on the flags? Please list them, shortly
12 > explain and tell us whether you expect the number of plugins to expand
13 > and how fast.
16 Sorry I already committed this with Chainsaw's ack. Anyhow, they are:
17
18 auth - Provide HTTP Basic Authentication
19 cheetah - Provide a shell-like command line interface
20 #cgi - Provide the traditional CGI interface
21 dirlisting - Show an HTML listing of the content of a directory
22 #fastcgi - Provide FastCGI proxy support
23 liana - Build your own network layer through monkeyd
24 logger - Log requests and common errors
25 mandril - Restrict incoming connections based on the IP address or URI
26 request
27 polarssl - Provide HTTPS using PolarSSL v1.*.
28
29 The ones that are commented out are global flags and so I did not make
30 them part of the USE_EXPAND, they are still treated as plugins by
31 monkeyd and I have them commented out in monkeyd_plugins.desc with an
32 explanation. Upstream has an entire plugin system which they use
33 extensively and expect contributors to use plugins. There have always
34 been a couple of changes with each bump, eg between 1.1.1 and 1.2.0
35 regarding ssl. So I expect the same in the future.
38 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
39 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
40 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
41 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
42 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA