From: Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] mercurial.eclass: change clone destination
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 09:23:32
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm sending this patch for discussion, what it changes? The change is to where
4 the final clone of repository will be placed, it used to be ${WORKDIR}/${module}
5 (where module usually is the last component of source URI) to ${WORKDIR}/${P}
6 (essentially ${S}). This has few effects:
7 - ebuilds using mercurial.eclass don't need to set S any longer
8 - mercurial.eclass behaves more like git.eclass
9 - it breaks all existing ebuilds using this eclass
10
11 The last effect is really, really nasty :( At the same time I think it's worth
12 fixing this now, not when we have even more ebuilds using mercurial.eclass.
13 Thankfully the fix to this is trivial: just remove the line where S is being set
14 (or adjust it to match as is in case of one ebuild in the tree).
15
16 Following ebuilds in tree use mercurial.eclass:
17
18 dev-python/django-piston/django-piston-9999.ebuild
19 dev-vcs/mercurial/mercurial-9999.ebuild
20 media-radio/radiotray/radiotray-9999.ebuild
21 media-tv/v4l-dvb-hg/v4l-dvb-hg-0.1-r3.ebuild
22 media-tv/v4l-dvb-hg/v4l-dvb-hg-0.1-r2.ebuild
23 www-client/dillo/dillo-9999.ebuild
24 x11-misc/sselp/sselp-9999.ebuild
25 x11-wm/parti/parti-9999.ebuild
26
27 If there are no objections my plan is as follows:
28 - in a week commit the change to eclass
29 - fix all above ebuilds
30 - send a small announcement to gentoo-dev-announcement
31
32 Bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/343993
35 Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael at gentoo.org> key id: 0xF6A80E46
36 desktop-misc, java, vim, kernel, python, apache...

mercurial.eclass-workdir.patch text/plain