From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] libtool.eclass documentation
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:07:18
1 On Friday, September 30, 2011 06:45:05 Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > Il giorno gio, 29/09/2011 alle 16.57 -0500, Donnie Berkholz ha scritto:
3 > > Is this documented anywhere besides the comment immediately above the
4 > > implementation? Would be nice for anyone who writes a libtool patch
6 > > be more aware of this.
7 >
8 > I think the whole ELT system is clearly "documented" only in the minds
9 > of Vapier, solar and (partly) me...
10
11 and azarah ;)
12
13 > Definitely not good, and should be fixed, but ... not sure how we can do
14 > that.
15
16 want to do a brain dump into the @DESCRIPTION part of libtool.eclass ? and
17 then i can add on to your stuff once that's committed. and in the ELT subdir,
18 we can add a small README that just says "see libtool.eclass".
19
20 i could extend the eclass man page syntax to allow for dedicated "background"
21 or even arbitrary sections, but i think just tacking it onto the existing
22 description is fine.
23 -mike