From: Christopher Korn <korn.christopher@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] "RFC": Automated Gentoo
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:00:45
Hi Togehter!

I'm working for a big city and we're currently migrating all desktops to
SuSE linux. To install all clients automatically over the network we're
using PXE, AutoYAST, and an install.xml file. I think such a system is also
a good idea for gentoo.
Because of this fact i wanted to ask what you are thinking about such a
system. In my opinion such a feature will save much money and some companies
can migrate more easily to distributions like gentoo. it also saves a lot of
money and the annoying reinstallation tasks for the administrators :)

Hope for an answer and a few comments.

Greetings, Chris

--
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl