From: Christopher Korn <korn.christopher@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] "RFC": Automated Gentoo
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:00:45
1 Hi Togehter!
2
3 I'm working for a big city and we're currently migrating all desktops to
4 SuSE linux. To install all clients automatically over the network we're
5 using PXE, AutoYAST, and an install.xml file. I think such a system is also
6 a good idea for gentoo.
7 Because of this fact i wanted to ask what you are thinking about such a
8 system. In my opinion such a feature will save much money and some companies
9 can migrate more easily to distributions like gentoo. it also saves a lot of
10 money and the annoying reinstallation tasks for the administrators :)
11
12 Hope for an answer and a few comments.
13
14 Greetings, Chris
17 +++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
18 GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list