From: Richard Yao <ryao@×××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-bsd@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Relicensing sys-freebsd/* under the BSD-2 license
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:38:19
1 I wrote sys-freebsd/virtio-kmod (bug 410199) while studying
2 Gentoo/FreeBSD as part of an attempt to port gptzfsloader to Gentoo
3 Linux. naota wrote an improvement that would be useful to send upstream.
4 However, the GPL-2 license poses a problem according to conversations
5 that I had in #gentoo-dev.
6
7 While I have asked naota for permission to upstream the line he wrote,
8 this poses a more general issue for collaboration, especially if I port
9 more kernel modules from FreeBSD Ports.
10
11 Would it be possible to relicense sys-freebsd/* under terms of the BSD-2
12 license?