From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Use full package atoms for bug reports
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 06:58:26
1 Mike Auty <ikelos@g.o> posted 49614BAD.6040403@g.o,
2 excerpted below, on Sun, 04 Jan 2009 23:52:13 +0000:
3
4 > Duncan wrote:
5 >> Amarok2 - dev-db/mysql-community - ld: /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqld.a
6 >> (client.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S against `client_errors' can not be
7 >> used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
8 >
9 > Well, I fixed this individual instance. As Jer pointed out, it's in the
10 > bug-wrangling guide. Unfortunately the bug wranglers are only human,
11 > and sometimes some will slip through. If you find any more, it might be
12 > worth contacting a bug wrangler directly...
13
14 Thanks.
15
16 FWIW, after I posted I got thinking. I believe that may have happened
17 because the bug was originally filed on amarok2 _pre builds, which had
18 amarok-1.9x or some such versions, IIRC, but could have still been
19 referred to as amarok2, thus the original name. But in any case it could/
20 should have been updated after amarok-2 was released... and now it has
21 been. =:^)
26 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman