From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Projects and simple guides
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 18:05:23
1 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote: [Sun Jan 08 2006, 11:59:40AM CST]
2 > I originally thought of putting it on my devspace, but using GuideXML
3 > there is a bit tricky, at least for me (as xsltproc seems to refuse
4 > working on the pure xml directly).
5
6 I actually prefer devspace for these sorts of docs. Every dev has their
7 own space for that sort of thing, and they can use whatever
8 easy-to-manage doc producing system that they want (within reason).
9 Instead of "fixing" that problem, I think it would be better to fix the
10 xsltproc issues you're having instead. If you'll post what's happening
11 to your doc, perhaps one of our trusty doc folks can help you out.
12
13 > So I was thinking if we had a way to put some "how to fix" guides
14 > somewhere, on the lines of the ones written by soalr and vapier for
15 > hardened. A part the --as-needed thing, it might also be useful to put
16 > something about "how to solve parallel make issues" and similar things
17 > that are tricky but usually just requires little knowledge of tricks.
18
19 Again, I like devspace for these things. Of course, particularly useful
20 docs would likely be adopted by the GDP (with the permission of the
21 author, of course).
22
23 -g2boojum-
24 --
25 Grant Goodyear
26 Gentoo Developer
27 g2boojum@g.o
28 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
29 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76