From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: kde-theme.py (formerly [gentoo-dev] intention for kde-themes eclass)
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:42:42
1 On Wednesday 15 June 2005 03:06, Chris White wrote:
2 > 4) It downloads the file into a directory called .temp_directory, which
3 > must be empty (it will yell if it's not) 5) it does a directory listing to
4 > get the name of the source archive (yes, it must be empty because it has to
5 > be the only file there, since currently wget is handling the download and
6 > kde-theme.py has no true way of handling that saving doing a directory
7 > listing where the download is the only file there). I plan on adding some
8 > kind of download library later on to take care of this. 6) it checks the
9 > filename against a list of regex's. This tells it what type of file it's
10 > dealing with. By doing so, I can add support for rpm/deb/other strange
11 > files by simply updating the regex list. Right now it handles the
12 > following:
13
14 You do know that wget has the "-O" option to specify the name of the
15 downloaded file. Of course that means you can't regex, but you could probably
16 do that from wget's output.
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze