From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo theming during bootup
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 12:33:05
1 On Friday 07 April 2006 04:26, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > I also share the opinion that we shouldn't go against upstream wishes
3 > IRT branding, but if upstream encourages some fairly subtle branding
4 > along with keeping their name visible, I'm for it.
5
6 There's a thread in gentoo-core from 2004 with regards to branding and the
7 outcome was to refrain from it. I don't have a problem, when we do this for
8 live iso's, but generally I strongly dislike it. Users don't choose their
9 distro because of it, so it's just unnecessary bloat. And given that we tout
10 Gentoo a meta distribution, encouraging others to build on it, there's no
11 point forcing them to have to clean out the Gentoo brand, before they
12 actually can use it.
15 Carsten