From: Donny Davies <woodchip@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] **HEADS UP** Apache2 + MySQL4 moving to stable status
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 03:12:16
1 Sometime this weekend (likely Friday or Saturday) Robin and I
2 will move these two packages to non-arch-masked status. So you
3 will no longer get the older versions by default. Yes, old
4 versions will still be available; we're not going to delete
5 Apache1 nor MySQL3 ebuilds. They will be kept available for
6 those who still want them.
7
8 In the case of MySQL4, you should run revdep-rebuild after
9 your upgrade, so that your libmysqlclient-dependant packages
10 are linked with the new library. Please `emerge gentoolkit'
11 to obtain the revdep-rebuild program.
12
13 In the case of Apache2, be aware that several of what *were*
14 third-party DSO modules, are now included with Apache itself.
15 This means that you don't need to install mod_gzip, mod_ssl,
16 mod_auth_ldap, mod_dav from /usr/portage/net-www anymore.
17 Also, the whole `ebuild /var/db/pkg/cat/pkg/pkg.ebuild config'
18 dance is not required for thirdy-party modules anymore, due
19 to a simpler default configuration file schema.
20
21 Thank you to everybody who has provided testing and feedback
22 with respect to these upgrades.
23
24 Donny.
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list