From: George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Email subdomain
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 03:42:39
1 Yeah, I think a sub-domain may not be a good solution but unfortunately it
2 is the best at present. The site is a good idea but nothing stops it from
3 abuse. The suggestion that people are ATs for a short time before becoming
4 full devs anyway is another reason for them to be give @g.o addresses. Leave
5 adminstration to the least and give the specific volunteers with jobs
6 addresses.
7
8 If the need is to seperate the people with responsibility from those without
9 then there is no real solution but to give them either sub domains or leave
10 them outside the gentoo fold.
11
12 I think the website is a good idea but it would eventually mean that the ATs
13 would get the job of testing the packages that the users say are ok so that
14 the devs can concentrate on bugs
15