From: Tom Prado <tprado@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Installation - Quick Question
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:54:23
1 This question more appropriately belongs in the gentoo-newbies mailing
2 list. Look through the archives and you may find some more information
3 on setting up your drives for Linux. I personally like using Partition
4 Magic to resize my drives. I'd look into getting a copy of that. It'd
5 let you resize your D: drive so you can create your linux / linux swap
6 partitions.
7
8 Tom
9
10 Shane wrote:
11
12 > Hey,
13 >
14 > Sorry about this, but I have a few simple questions. I have two
15 > drives, C (NTFS, WinXP), and D (FAT32, 5gb free). I want to create
16 > the partitions on my D drive. How would I create the partitions in
17 > Windows XP (not step by step), and would I put them in the start or
18 > end of the drive? I don't want to lose the other data on my D drive.
19 > Could you please answer me this, very simple question.
20 >
21 > Thanks,
22 > Shane (linux n00b)