From: "Sébastien Fabbro" <bicatali@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should packages auto-eselect alternative implementation on removal?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 17:09:31
1 Michał Górny wrote:
4 > There is a number of virtuals in Gentoo which switching active
5 > implementation via eselect. However, most of the packages being
6 > 'alternative providers' don't seem to care about eselect at all. Is
7 > that the correct thing to do, or maybe should every package ensure
8 > that after its removal another implementation is eselected
9 > (or a cleanup is done)?
12 we have been using for quite a while now the alternatives-2 eclass in
13 the science overlay for many virtual packages. the nice thing about it
14 apart from implementing the issues you raised is we do not have to
15 write a new eselect package for the virtual.
16
17 sebastien