From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: Stefano Peluchetti <pelux@××××××××××.it>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o, pfeifer@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Livecd kernel
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:44:04
1 On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 08:33, Stefano Peluchetti wrote:
2 > What is exactly the kernel used in the 1.4 livecd?
3 > I ask this becouse me (and other users in the forum) have experienced hangup
4 > during the boot when it loads hotplug using gs-kernel or gentoo-sources (yes,
5 > even with the config from /proc/config) compiled with genkernel. This doesn't
6 > happend with vanilla-sources 2.4.22.
7 > Thanks.
8
9 This is likely the ac97 lockup issue -- you have ac97 enabled as a
10 module? We have a fix for it, but I need to poke pfeifer to get it into
11 our production kernels. I'll cc this email to email to him. Pfeifer --
12 poke! :)
13
14 For now, you can disable sound or add a bunch of sound modules to
15 /etc/hotplug/blacklist.
16
17 Best Regards,
18