From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: GLEP 55
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 01:04:49
1 Bernd Steinhauser <gentoo@×××××××××××××××××.de> posted
2 484DF927.8010900@×××××××××××××××××.de, excerpted below, on Tue, 10 Jun
3 2008 05:46:47 +0200:
4
5 > No, not really. If you have .txt, .txt-2, .text or .footext in a dir,
6 > you would still realize, that those should be text files.
7
8 The first three, yes, by long tradition, footext, not necessarily, as
9 it's too ambiguous. Just like the penisland dot com domain, which is
10 read as pen-island and sells pens, BTW (at least last time I looked,
11 after it came up as an example in a discussion similar to this), is that
12 foo-text or foot-ext (the way I would read it by default) or foote-XT
13 or...?
18 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
21 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list