From: Alexey Chumakov <achumakov@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] status of http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:42:05
1 Curtis Napier пишет:
2
3 > If you have access to a Macintosh, Windows, *BSD or any other OS or
4 > Browser please test the site and include your OS and the browser
5 > version in your feedback. I haven't received feedback from Konqueror
6 > or Safari so feedback from those browsers would be much appreciated.
7 >
8 > The only major outstanding issue is the contents of the menu in the
9 > grey bar at the top and what should appear in the 5 purple boxes
10 > directly under them. Currently I have that menu listed in order of
11 > what a new Gentoo user would need to access first. If you have a
12 > better idea of what should be included in this menu or think something
13 > important is being left out please send that in your feedback as well.
14 >
15 > Thanks in advance
16 >
17 > Curtis
18
19 Hi Curtis,
20
21 First of all, thank you for the impressive new design. I really like it!
22
23 Technically (@Windows XP SP2 RUS, 1024x768):
24 Firefox 1.0.7 Rus -- OK
25 Opera 8.5 Rus -- OK
26 MSIE 6 Rus -- OK
27
28 Some issues to discuss:
29 1. Why is the gentoo logo changed this way? From (my) designer's point
30 of view, either an infinity sign or Gentoo 'g' is redundant and
31 unnecessary.
32 2. The dark grey table borders at documentation view and print pages are
33 too 'rough' compared to rather light overall site design.
34 Could you change them to something more 'airy'?
35
36 3. It is, imho, great moment to implement some i18n together with site
37 redesign. Many of us, i18n teams, have to 'clone' and maintain extensive
38 community sites just to bypass artificial English-only w.g.o front page
39 limitation. I think, it is reducing the amount of international Gentoo
40 newbies. Did you consider to take part in the GLEP10 implementation?
41
42 WKR,
43 Alexey Chumakov
44 GDP Russian Internationalization Lead
47 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list