From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFD: EAPI specification in ebuilds
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:49:17
1 On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 > Again, the proposal comes in two variants:
3 > 2a) It is combined with a one time change of the file extension, like
4 >    .ebuild -> .eb.
5 > 2b) The usual EAPI assignment statement in the ebuild is still
6 >    required, at least for a transition period.
9 Just throwing my opinion in:
10
11 I like proposal 2 better than proposal 1. Placing a regex-based
12 constraint on a bash variable assignment doesn't feel right to me.
13
14 I slightly prefer 2a over 2b because it feels cleaner. I'm sure it
15 will break some tools, but I don't have a good feel for the scope of
16 that breakage.