From: Jose Luis Rivero <yoswink@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: flameeyes@g.o, cardoe@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New USE flags documentation
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 13:06:48
1 Hi all:
2
3 I've read on the planet the recently included support to document USE
4 flags in metadata. Seems like it was an idea from flameeyes and cardoe,
5 discussed on the planet [1][2] and performed by -infra (bug #199788).
6
7 While planet is a good medium to share ideas and get contributors, seems to
8 me like we need a more official way to discuss this kind of 'global'
9 ideas before make them real. Or at least drop a note on -dev-announce
10 explaining the new feature and telling devs and users this is now
11 officially supported.
12
13 I'm not asking for an extra overhead of 'bureaucracy' (write specs,
14 mailling @dev, send to the council, etc.) but a bit more of communication
15 would be appreciated:
16
17 Is the feature ready to be used? Is there any kind of documentation
18 (aside of DTD)? It will replace use.desc?
19
20 Thanks.
21
22 [1] http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/articles/2007/11/24/proposing-more-use-flag-documentation