From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SRC_URI component naming collision
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:28:19
1 On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 04:34:00PM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:05:00 +0100 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | Is there any valid reason that we can't have portage do this
5 > | automatically. This particular way is very user-un-friendly.
6 > There's exactly one set of packages affected, and they're closed source
7 > and non-repackagable. I doubt it's high priority...
8 There's more than one set of packages with this.
9
10 There is only one set in the tree that don't use a workaround of some
11 sort (the NX stuff).
12
13 A quick hacked up grepping indicates that the following packages use the
14 trick of having the user rename the file after downloading it.
15 dev-java/ibm-jdk-bin
16 dev-java/ibm-jre-bin
17 dev-java/jdbc2-oracle
18 dev-java/jdbc3-oracle
19 sci-chemistry/platon
20 There might be others, but I'm not looking too hard at the moment.
21
22 And I know I've used it in the past when upstream has been unreliable in
23 naming distfiles (eg they did thank me and add the major version portion
24 to the filename, but not the minor version, and still changed the
25 download once a week).
28 Robin Hugh Johnson
29 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
30 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85