From: Steev Klimaszewski <steev@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Who wants to tinker with a Palm Zire 71?
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 21:14:47
1 Noack, Sebastian wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a Palm Zire 71 device, with Palm OS on it and a 400 MHz
5 > ARM-Processor in it. Actually I don't use this device anymore, so if
6 > somebody wants try to get Gentoo Linux run on it, I would give it to him.
7 >
8 > There is an SD/MMC-Slot which could become used to get data on the devie
9 > an there is also an IR interface and a USB-Adapter. But the biggest
10 > problem I see is that the OS is on a ROM, but maybe there would be a way
11 > to manipulate the BIOS if it has one, to boot from somewhere on the RAM.
12 >
13 > In any case I guess it would require to maipulate the hardware. If
14 > somebody here have the skills and motivation to try that, he or she
15 > should tell me and I will send him or her my device.
16 >
17 > Best Regards
18 > Sebastian Noack
19 >
20 I'd love to - if anyone else hasn't already claimed it :)
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list