From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 29 (USE Flag Grouping) with -@GROUP goodness
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 01:02:16
1 On 10/24/04 Ed Grimm wrote:
2
3 > How about the following:
4 >
5 > We add a + operator, to specify settings which are fundamentally part
6 > of the group. Negating the group strips all negations, strips all
7 > simply present flags, and negates those with a +.
8
9 Please lets try to keep this as simple as possible. Personally I don't
10 see what's wrong with a simple string expansion with the optional
11 negation modifier. True, this might create results in some situations
12 that are confusing at first view, but at least it's easy to explain,
13 every more complicated proposal will also create (other) potentially
14 confusing results and will be harder to explain. And keep in mind: more
15 complexity results in longer implementation times (well, design +
16 implementation + testing + documentation).
17
18 Marius