From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is Gentoo dying?
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 08:25:50
1 On 04/04/2010 04:48 AM, Joshua Saddler wrote:
2 > On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 11:16:32 +0200 Tobias Scherbaum
3 > <dertobi123@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> - Our formerly outstanding documentation still is somewhat
6 >> maintained, but that's it. I haven't seen any new additions (both
7 >> to our docs, but also to our docs-team) for years. People are
8 >> constantly asking for a documentation wiki, but ...
9 >
10 > Thanks for sh**ting on my efforts. There are lots of visible changes,
11 > and I make a point of getting the word out when a new guide turns up
12 > in /doc/. I blog about the new docs I add, and I spend awhile working
13 > with contributors to make sure we get good stuff out there and that
14 > it's constantly updated -- the Openbox guide Nate Zachary wrote comes
15 > to mind. I'm also always working with developers who are writing docs
16 > in their spare time, coaching 'em through the process, assisting with
17 > GuideXML, taking patches, *and* creating patches and updates for devs
18 > who are posting documents in /proj/ and in their personal devspace.
19 > But I guess that doesn't mean anything to you.
22 But isn't there a problem when it's my not our effort? Ideally we would
23 have a couple people like you on board. If we stayed quiet about our
24 perceptions then there was never the opportunity to correct them. I
25 think the thread was done done constructively not destructively.
26
27 Regards,
28 Petteri