From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: UPower upstream (git master) and 0.99 release -> No sys-power/pm-utils support anymore
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 17:18:38
1 On Tuesday, June 03, 2014 04:45:36 PM Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
2 > Samuli Suominen schrieb:
3 > > On 03/06/14 16:53, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 > >> So, I get why you did it, but my concern is that when you tell
5 > >> portage that non-systemd users shouldn't use this package, portage
6 > >> helpfully solves that problem by turning all the non-systemd users
7 > >> into systemd users, instead of switching them to the alternative that
8 > >> works without systemd.
9 > >
10 > > Portage doesn't do anything on it's own, surely it needs an admin to
11 > > accept
12 > > or reject the changes
13 >
14 > I disagree. It would have been straightforward to create a transitional
15 > package sys-power/upower-10000 which makes openrc users transition to
16 > sys-power/upower-pm-utils and systemd users to sys-power/upower-systemd
17 > or something similar.
18 >
19 > And please keep such changes out of stable until proper documentation is
20 > in place (and the 30 day period has elapsed, etc.)
21
22 +1