From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC GLEP 1005: Package Tags
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 00:00:38
1 On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 7:48 PM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2 >> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Package_Tags
3 > Sounds good, but how do we get consistency in there? I mean... this
4 > only works if we have some sort of consensus about tag names, at least
5 > more common ones.
6
7 The alternative to consistency/etc is crowdsourcing, but there is no
8 way to get that in metadata.xml (unless you allow it to be edited by
9 some more accessible service).
10
11 The whole build-it-and-they-will-come approach tends to work better if
12 you're doing crowdsourcing. As it stands this is more of a top-down
13 approach, and that usually works better if the use scenarios are
14 understood in advance.
15
16 Rich