From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Last rites intent for dev-perl/ExtUtils-MakeMaker
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:32:34
1 The current set of ebuilds for MakeMaker were originally added to
2 address some major differences between how perl 5.6.X and 5.8.X built
3 modules. Since we no longer support 5.6.X at all, these ebuilds do
4 little more than complicate people's understandings of what they need on
5 their box for a functioning perl. Unless there are objections, I'd like
6 to remove these packages in the next week (I'd say Monday, but I expect
7 if there are going to be protests, I'll hear about it soon enough). Thanks,
8
9 ~mcummings
10 --
11 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list