From: Tony Vroon <chainsaw@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SWAMI and SMURF?]
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:45:03
1 M. Edward Borasky wrote:
2
3 > I've been browsing the CCRMA web site -- I'm gathering as many of the
4 > CCRMA-recommended packages as I can that are in the Portage tree. In the
5 > process, I discovered that apparently the SMURF sound font package has
6 > evolved into something called SWAMI (Sampled Waveforms And Musical
7 > Instruments). Are there any plans to add SWAMI to media-sound?
8 >
9 > Speaking of CCRMA, I noticed that the planet-ccrma-sources were dropped
10 > from Portage. Is there a gentoo-compatible low-latency kernel available?
13 > --
14 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
18 Please see http://www.gentoo.org/news/20041113-kernels.xml which states
19 that the low latency work in there has been superceded by 2.6 kernel
20 development. I would recommend gentoo-dev-sources instead, or
21 development-sources if you want a vanilla kernel and don't need what the
22 extra patches provide you with.
23 I see no bugs if I search for "swami" on bugs.gentoo.org, so apparently
24 nobody has requested this yet :)
25
26 Tony (Chainsaw).