From: Alex Alexander <wired@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bugs.g.o - Bugzilla4 testing
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 18:01:08
1 On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 05:31:43PM +0100, Christian Ruppert wrote:
2 > Our bugstest setup is now public and can be found at [1] or [2].
3 > If [1] doesn't work use [2] because the DNS changes I made may take some
4 > hours to reach everybody.
5
6 Nice work :) Thanks for taking care of this.
7
8 > Some notes:
9 > 1. SSL is enabled by default now, so it's forced. Unfortunately the
10 > option to force SSL *only* for logged in user is no longer available in
11 > Bugzilla-4.x. It has been added in early 3.x AFAIR and later replaced by
12 > forcing SSL at all or not.
13 > If *anybody* can't use SSL for any reason please yell so that we can
14 > decide if we leave it as it is (plain + encrypted) or not.
15 >
16 > *Bugmails are disabled*. All accounts (The DB is a few weeks old) from
17 > bugs.g.o should work on bugstest as well. If you're new, your account
18 > doesn't exist already and you're really interested in testing the new
19 > Bugzilla then please poke me either by mail or IRC (#gentoo-bugs,
20 > #gentoo-infra or #gentoo-dev).
21 >
22 > There are *no* attachments currently to speed up the conversions.
23
24 Can we have support for multiple attachments in a single upload?
25
26 > All custom/Gentoo patches will be available *later* in a git repo[3].
27 > So if you'd like to fix something or improve the theme you can
28 > contribute patches.
29
30 Great, I'd like to tweak the CSS a bit.
31
32 > Thanks to Alex Legler (a3li) for the Bugzilla theme.
33 >
34 > Also you need to decide which icon we should use.
35 > The current one[4] or this one[5]. The first one also looks good with
36 > other themes than the "Gentoo" theme.
37
38 I like the second one a bit more, but both are fine. I've made a
39 slightly better version of the one with the white background [0].
40
41 > I'll try to migrate our current bugzilla-2.x as soon as possible to 4.x
42 > as everything should work and as I have more "free" time than usual
43 > right now.
44 > It is *possible* that we migrate even tomorrow. I know it's a bit fast
45 > but ...
46 >
47 > That should be all for the moment.
48