From: Stefan Boresch <stefan@×××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] YP suite of programs out of date
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:11:58
1 I am aware that there is a feature freeze for the 1.0 release.
2 However, I noticed that the NIS/YP suite of programs (yp-tools,
3 ypbind-mt and ypserv) is several versions out of date, and I am
4 wondering whether this should not be corrected before the 1.0 release.
5 I just submitted updated ebuilds for yp-tools and ypbind-mt to
6 bugs.gentoo.org since these were trivial to write. Still, I wouldn't
7 mind if someone with experience in ebuilds takes a look at "bugs" 1144
8 and 1146.
9
10 It am happy to build a ypserv package over the next days as well, which
11 in itself is also not difficult. However, I could neither get
12 the existing ypserv ebuild nor the latest ypserver package built from
13 source without some tweaking to do exactly what I want for my
14 machines here; thus any ypserv package/ebuild I could submit would
15 almost certainly not be usable out of the box. I guess one
16 probably should have the ebuild print a warning along the lines RTFM :-)
17
18 Comments welcome (any NIS/YP experts out there?)
19
20 Stefan