From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Mplayer
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 20:15:12
1 On Sun, 2002-06-09 at 22:54, Mezei Zoltan wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I've just emerged mplayer, and it did not work :-(
5 > I've got a Radeon 8500LE video card. The problem was that there were no
6 > working vo (video output) driver.
7 > So: I had to upgrade from 0.90_pre4 to 0.90_pre5, remove the
8 > --disable-vidix from the ebuild, generate new digestes.
9 > To solve the problem with the vidix drivers, I had to move the *vid.so
10 > files from /usr/bin to /usr/lib/mplayer/vidix. After that mplayer found
11 > the driver.
14 Hmm, problem I have with vidix, is that it does not compile
15 on some boxes, even if not specifically enabled. Maybe if
16 it is needed like in your case, we could add a USE flag for
17 it.
22 Martin Schlemmer
23 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
24 Cape Town, South Africa