From: Arnaud Launay <asl@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] nls flag and gettext depend
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:04:09
1 Hello,
2
3 I discussed this on the gentoo-user-fr list, and it has come that
4 it should be posted here.
5
6 I was working at xcave ebuild, and I have a classical nls conf:
7 IUSE="nls"
8 econf $(use_enable nls) || die "Error: econf failed!"
9
10 What has brought questions is the depend line:
11 DEPEND="nls? ( sys-devel/gettext )"
12
13 In fact, gettext is not needed either for compiling (.po files
14 are pre-compiled) neither for running them. In most ebuilds using
15 nls, this depend line exists; either it shouldn't, and thus
16 removing it from non-needing ebuilds (for example, freetype-1 or
17 xine-lib), either it should be in dep or rdep. I can't find any
18 policy about this, nor anything on the lists.
19
20 Arnaud.
21 --
22 Perso: http://launay.org/blog/