From: Lars Wendler <polynomial-c@g.o>
To: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla package list editing
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 12:37:19
1 Hi,
2
3 On Tue, 2 May 2017 13:05:38 +0200 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
4
5 >Paweł Hajdan, Jr. schrieb:
6 >
7 >>>> Please stop editing package lists when you are not the maintainer
8 >>>> and arches are already CCed.
9 >>> +1
10 >>>
11 >>> Please stop it.
12 >>> And yes that's also true for arch team members.
13 >>>
14 >>> Package list is maintainer territory.
15 >> Curious, what are the reasons and what changes people make that they
16 >> shouldn't?
17 >>
18 >> I'm wondering if there's some solution to these issues (maybe better
19 >> documentation, or an alternative way of accomplishing what these
20 >> people try to do).
21 >
22 >As dilfridge pur jer in CC, I guess that some of jer's changes to bugs
23 >were not welcomed by maintainers.
24 >
25 >One recent example of non-maintainer activity in the package list
26 >field is bug 613104, where he just removed the entire package list
27 >(and then marked the bug WONTFIX).
28 >Also very common is that he changes fully qualified package names
29 >(which is the correct syntax per [1]) into fully qualified package
30 >atoms (which is the legacy syntax). Bug 616260 is one such example.
31
32 I must admit that I did the same (changing full package names to full
33 package atoms). IIRC when these package lists were introduced this was
34 the only valid syntax and stable bot complained if it was not a package
35 atom.
36
37 >Best regards,
38 >Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
39 >
40 >[1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/page.cgi?id=fields.html
43 Kind regards
44 Lars
47 Lars Wendler
48 Gentoo package maintainer
49 GPG: 21CC CF02 4586 0A07 ED93 9F68 498F E765 960E 9B39