From: Alexander Holler <holler@××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] logging in portage
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:08:42
1 Hi,
2
3 --On Sonntag, Juni 09, 2002 23:17:33 -0700 George Shapovalov
4 <georges@×××××××××××.edu> wrote:
5
6 > It should be easy to call it inside the script you use to emerge packages
7 > on this server. If you desire to make reports on a per-package basis it
8 > should be easy to create the script that would run emerge --pretend
9 > packagename first and then call emerge for every reported package and
10 > capture reports separately...
11 > WTF incorporating this into portage itself: I did not see this mentioned
12 > (though there were some related things suggested). If you think this is
13 > an important addition please file a feature request to bugs.gentoo.org.
14
15 I would find it useful too, if warnings, comments and so on would be
16 displayed and/or logged separately. Emerge could display those warnings at
17 the end of the whole process (e.g. update world). So none would be getting
18 lost in the mass.
19
20 Alexander