From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should Gentoo do https by default?
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 02:46:38
1 On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 8:58 PM, Dean Stephens <desultory@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On 03/27/15 15:29, Hanno Böck wrote:
4 > > These days pretty much all big players use https only (google,
5 > > facebook, twitter, github, ...). You can't really use the
6 > > mainstream internet if your firewall blocks https.
7 > >
8 > Can we please stop making stuff up[1] just to make an argument seem
9 > stronger to the overly credulous?
12 I agree his argument is bogus (plenty of the internet is http) but relying
13 on undocumented query arguments to prevent ssl redirection is...not really
14 the example I'd chose to use to illustrate the point.
17 > [1] http://www.google.com/search?q=this+is+not+impossible&gws_rd=ssl