From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Daniel <dragonheart@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-forensics category and forensics herd proposal
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 00:09:52
1 On Sat, 2004-09-11 at 19:31, Daniel wrote:
2
3 [snip]
4
5 > Sorry Lisa - I do see how IDS and forensics are related now.
6
7 Right now most of the major IDS systems are handled by the Network
8 Monitoring herd (netmon) which seems the fitting place as most IDS
9 systems are NIDS (snort/prelude..).
10 However we have a few HIDS (aide/tripwire..) in portage currently that
11 are falling under app-admin which is also seems to be a fitting place.
12
13 I'd vote to leave all the IDS systems where they sit now.
16 > - --
17 > Daniel Black <dragonheart@g.o>
25 >
26 > --
27 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
28 --
29 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
30 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer