From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Project Sunrise -- Proposal
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 23:19:56
1 Stefan Schweizer schrieb:
2 > Marius Mauch wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 13:37:15 +0200
5 >> Markus Ullmann <jokey@g.o> wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> Okay, so after figuring out open problems (thanks to kloeri and
8 >>> various other people for help here), we now have a resolution that
9 >>> should satisfy all involved parties here. This should adress
10 >>> dostrow's demands as well.
11 >>>
12 >>> 1) m-w / m-n requirement
13 >>>
14 >>> Only ebuilds that are reported to bugzie (valid bug#) and set to
15 >>> maintainer-wanted are allowed here as well as maintainer-needed ones.
16 >>>
17 >>> maintainer-needed are only allowed if they're removed from the tree
18 >>> and moved over to sunrise (and thus end up as maintainer-wanted
19 >>> again).
20 >>> 5) commit access to the overlay
21 >>>
22 >>> We implement two levels of commit rights:
23 >>>
24 >>> 1. As there are people out there who just want to maintain one app for
25 >>> start, the ebuild should reach a level that project devs are fine with
26 >>> it, then the user is given permission to commit on that single app. An
27 >>> automated check makes sure that he doesn't commit anywhere else. If
28 >>> violations arise, the access is revoked immediately.
29 >>>
30 >>> 2. People who contribute good ebuilds over a certain period of time
31 >>> are allowed upon decision by project devs to actively help
32 >>> maintaining the project. They'll be given commit rights for the
33 >>> project then. Same frome above applies here: If we notice any abuse,
34 >>> we revoke access immediately.
35 >> One more rule I'd like to see (should be obvious, but better to write
36 >> it down):
37 >>
38 >> People who commit to a certain project/ebuild have to be on the CC
39 >> list of the relevant bug report(s) and any important commits should be
40 >> documented on the bugs (including the revision of/link to the commit).
41 > I have not made it a rule yet to prevent whitespacing and updates for minor
42 > changes, also I would like to leave things like that to the people to
43 > decide to prevent that too many rules lock us in.
44 > How far would you want to go? Update for "I have removed some quotes" for "I
45 > have made a version bump"?
46
47 Functional changes, bugfixes, etc. Let people use common sense there.
48 The intention is simply that people watching the bug don't have to track
49 the overlay as well to get notifications of important changes (like a
50 bugfix that prevented them from using the ebuild previously).
51 Certainly you wouldn't consider whitespace changes or coding style
52 updates as an *important*, would you?
53
54 Marius
55 --
56 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list