From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC GLEP 1005: Package Tags
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 18:28:29
1 On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 2:57 AM, Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 15:33:27 -0700
4 > Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
5 >
6 > > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Package_Tags
7 > >
8 > > Object or forever hold your peace.
9 > >
10 > > Or argue for 100 posts, either way.
11 >
12 > A possible problem with this would be whether much maintainers would be
13 > concerned enough to spend their time on this. By spending time thinking
14 > up with tags you give to a package, you lose some time working on a bug.
15 >
16 > Adding some quick tags one can think of does "something" when you're
17 > busy; but I'm not sure if limited time would yield a good set of tags.
18 >
19 > Crowdsourcing, as brought forward[1] by rich0, could yield a far more
20 > rich set of tags; together with a small bit of moderation for quality.
23 Crowdsourcing poses its own set of problems, most of which I'm not eager to
24 design software around.
25
26 I'd rather deploy the GLEP, wait 6 months, see if it failed, and if so, do
27 something else (or nothing else, and simply repeal it.)
28
29 -A
32 > [1]: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/90693
33 >
34 > --
35 > With kind regards,
36 >
37 > Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
38 > Gentoo Developer
39 >
40 > E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
41 > GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
42 > GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D