From: justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: intel-sdp.eclass check user license
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 07:37:59
1 On 28/11/12 00:04, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 27 November 2012 07:26:50 justin wrote:
3 >> next patch for intel-sdp.eclass
4 >
5 > your code has a lot of whitespace damage (leading spaces instead of tabs).
6 > you should fix that up.
7
8 I am sorry for that and we fix it up. Did some writing on mac where the
9 editor did magic tab -> whitespace conversion.
12 >> +# @ECLASS-FUNCTION: big-warning
13 >> +# @INTERNAL
14 >> +# warn user that we really require a license
15 >
16 > there should be @DESCRIPTION line before the description
19 I have overlooked that. Fixed now.
20
21 > you can run /usr/portage/app-portage/eclass-manpages/files/eclass-to-manpage.sh
22 > against the eclass to check for errors.
23
24 Didn't know, that you can run it on single files. Nice to know, Thanks.
27 > also, just because they're @INTERNAL doesn't mean short names like "big-
28 > warning" and "run-test" are OK. your eclass is putting funcs into global
29 > scope which can collide with other eclasses/ebuilds and possibly things in
30 > $PATH (dejagnu provides a standard program called `runtest`). best to give
31 > them a unique prefix like _isdp_big_warning().
32
33 You are right. I will prefix and name them correctly.
36 >> +_version_test() {
37 >> + local _comp _comp_full _arch _file _warn
38 >
39 > you've declared the vars all local. there's no need for the _ prefix.
40 >
41 >> + for ((i = 0; i < ${#_dirs[@]}; i++)); do
42 >
43 > for dir in "${dirs[@]}" ; do
44
45 I can't remember what was my problem, but somehow I didn't manage to
46 iterate properly over the array. So I looked that up and found this syntax.
47 But maybe something else was wrong too.
51 > that avoids indexing dirs constantly
52 > -mike
55 thanks for your comments mike,
56
57 Jusitn