From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Review: desc/cpu_flags_x86.desc
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 10:38:39
1 On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 21:44:05 +0100
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > I would like to commit the following flags as cpu_flags_x86_desc.
7 > The list combines global USE flags with some local USE flags I've been
8 > able to find.
11 > 3dnow - Use the 3DNow! instruction set
12 > 3dnowext - Use the Enhanced 3DNow! instruction set
13 > aes-ni - Enable support for Intel's AES instruction set (aes in
14 > cpuinfo) avx - Adds support for Advanced Vector Extensions
15 > instructions avx2 - Adds support for Advanced Vector Extensions 2
16 > instructions fma - Use the Fused Multiply Add instruction set
17 > mmx - Use the MMX instruction set
18 > mmxext - Use the Extended MMX instruction set (intersection of
19 > Enhanced 3DNow! and SSE instruction sets) (3dnowext or sse in
20 > cpuinfo) padlock - Use VIA padlock instructions popcnt - Enable
21 > popcnt instruction support sse - Use the SSE instruction set
22 > sse2 - Use the SSE2 instruction set
23 > sse3 - Use the SSE3 instruction set (pni in cpuinfo)
24 > sse4 - Enable SSE4 instruction support
25 > sse4_1 - Enable SSE4.1 instruction support
26 > sse4_2 - Enable SSE4.2 instruction support
27 > sse4a - Enable SSE4a instruction support
28 > ssse3 - Use the SSSE3 instruction set
31 ewwww... are you aware that these descriptions are close to useless ?
32 'foo - enable foo' -> thanks for the information I couldn't have
33 guessed...
36 you already have more useful ones available:
37
38 <flag name="fma3">Enables FMA3 optimizations: AMD processors starting
39 with Piledriver architecture and Intel Haswell based processors or
40 later.</flag>
41 <flag name="fma4">Enables FMA4 optimizations: AMD processors starting
42 with Bulldozer architecture.</flag>
43 <flag name="sse4_2">Enables SSE4.2 optimizations: Nehalem-based Intel
44 Core i7 or later.</flag>
45 <flag name="ssse3">Faster floating point optimization for SSSE3 capable
46 chips (Intel Core 2 and later chips)</flag>
47
48 and so on...
51 Alexis.