From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: dev-portage@g.o, qa@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Early idea: install_qa_check() refactor and 'public API'
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 17:01:10
1 Dnia 2014-09-11, o godz. 00:20:21
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > 4. Checks can inherit eclasses. This goes opposite the generic rule
5 > but allows us to save some code duplication. For example, we can get
6 > paths from eclasses instead of reinventing them. It's also relatively
7 > safe since we're in a subshell.
8
9 Ok, got a first issue with that. Since we're making all metadata
10 variables readonly, inheriting any more complex eclass will lead
11 to a lot of 'readonly variable' errors. And since bash is utterly,
12 endlessly stupid I don't know a way to remove the 'readonly' flag
13 while preserving all other variables -- maybe other than some magic
14 play with declare and filtering.
15
16 How much do we care? Do we declare that only utility eclasses can be
17 inherited (without metadata var exports and phases)?
20 Best regards,
21 Michał Górny